Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Updates and Top 10 Movies

Wow, almost a month since my last post. I never even noticed that you can title blog posts, so from now on I'm gonna start to do that. I'm also going to start to post more, and I'm going to print my posts out and save them in a binder, so that if the internet ever goes down, I'll always have them.

Anyways, to much went on in the last month to say it all, but I went to Florida and saw avatar. It was good looking, but very predictable. The 3D is amazing. I give it a 8/10.

I want to redo a list I like 6 months ago to show the progress of the fact that I'm watching the top 250 movies on imdb.com. I couldn't even think of ten movies then. You can find that list at http://justinwoolley.blogspot.com/2009/08/well-i-think-im-liking-idea-of-lists-so.html
Everything in quotes is what I have said before about i the movie. 

  1. Forrest Gump - This is what I said about the movie last time. "This is a funny thoughtful movie. I've probably seen this 10 times but it never gets old. I don't expect this to change for awhile. Tom Hanks is awesome in this movie. After I saw the movie, I listened to the audiobook and its just as good. Amazing. Rated 8.6/10 (the #43 best movie of all time) on imdb.com" I agree still with what I said. It gets an easy 10/10
  2. It's A Wonderful Life - "This is the best Christmas movie ever. I just saw this one for the first time last Christmas (probably cause it's 3 hours long and I would get bored of that before). It is an amazing movie and the actor who plays the main character is amazing. Im going to download the radio drama someone made for this movie. Rated 8.7/10 (#32 of all time) on imdb.com" I agree with that, but never got around to downloading that radio drama. I give it a 10/10.
  3. 12 Angry Men - "Last night, I watched my 4th favorite movie ever for the first time. That movie is 12 Angry Men. In 12 Angry Men, there is a murder case with 12 jury members. All must vote unanimous one way or the other. Of course, 1 votes non guilty while , the other 11 vote guilty. The one man eventually convinces all the other 11 to vote non guilty. It's an amazing movie, and was made in the 1950s. It's all in black and white, and really only has one scene, but, it's amazing. I was still thinking about this movie today in school." True, but it moved up and is now my 3rd favorite movie ever. 10/10
  4. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope - Sorry for the full name of the movie. Heres what I said. "A lot of people like The Empire Strikes Back better, but A New Hope is really the best in my opinion. This is the best science fiction there is. The whole series is great though. This also has the best radio dramas, because the radio dramas explain the story better then the movie itself. Rated 8.8/10 (#12 of all time) on imdb.com" Moved up to my 4th favorite movie ever. 9.5/10
  5. The Shawshank Redemption - "The Shawshank Redemption is completely different, but is a good movie. It follows a man who was falsely convicted of murdering his wife, and was caught in jail for 20 years. But, during the first year, he bought a type of chizzle off of a guy named Red, and dug his way out over the 20 years. Along the way, he scammed the prison people, and made himself a millionaire, all while making them kill themselves. It's a good movie, and probably my 4th favorite of all time." Good movie, now my 5th favorite ever. 9.5/10
  6. Slumdog Millionaire - "Another fairly recent movie. A kid is accused of cheating on the india verison of "Who wants to be a millionaire?" so he has to explain how he knows all the answers. Rated 8.5/10 (#72 of all time) on imdb" 9/10
  7. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - "It is called The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly and was made in 1966. It stars the famous actor Clint Eastwood, and he is good in this movie. Ir is a western movie, and has a lot of story going on. I give it 9/10, and it's in my top 10 movies ever." I give it a 9/10
  8. The Seventh Seal - "Next movie was a movie that came out in 1957. It's called Det sjunde inseglet which translates into The Seventh Seal. This is the best movie of the three movies I watched. It is about the black plague which people believed in about 600 years ago. Anyways, this guy plays a game of chess for his life. It's a good movie and one of my favorites of all time. Probably my 6th favorite actually. Anyways, I give it a 9/10 and imdb gives it a 8.4/10 and its their 117th best movie of all time."
  9. A Clockwork Orange - "Anyways, I just wanted to talk about a movie I watched a few days ago called “A Clockwork Orange”. The movie was made in 1971 and is considered one of the best movies ever by many lists. I’d probably have to agree, cause it’s a damn good movie. Anyways, the movie is about a messed up man who rapes people and beats up people for fun. The whole movie is really weird, but it’s a good movie. He just goes to prison and they try this new type of punishment where they put the man in this place for two weeks and make him watch movies of rape and violence and propaganda and stuff like that. Anyways, he gets out, tries to commit suicide and then the minister gets blamed for trying to kill people by this new method of punishment. If anyone wants to see a damn good movie, this is one to see. I give it a 9/10 and it’s in my top 10 movies of all time. Imdb.com gives it a 8.5/10 and it is their 47th best movie of all time."
  10. Gran Torino - "Tonight, I watched a movie called Gran Torino. It's a new movie make in 2008 and was made by Clint Eastwood. It also stars him so go figure. In it, he plays an old man who moves into a neighborhood with many different races and stuff like that. I don't really want to say much more without giving it away, but it's a good movie. I like Clint Eastwood as an actor too and he did good in this movie. I also like the fact that there were some really funny moments in this movie. I give it a 9/10. It now sits at 9 in my top 10. (imdb.com gives it a 8.3/10.)"
So thats my blog post.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment